Am I the only one who finds himself slipping over to the dark side with homicidal thoughts regarding my beloved computer? I’ve considered blowing it away, but a shotgun blast inside the house would destroy what hearing I have left. I remember shooting a gopher with a 12 gauge shotgun from my kitchen once. I couldn’t hear anything for a week.
Lately I’ve had many friends email me regarding an article on my blog. They respond by email because they can’t put comments on my blog. There are a few people who seem to know how to get through the maze, but many more who quit trying. After my last blog about
Dachau, I received a ton of interest and many
comments by email. That happens with
every post and invariably the writer will say that he or she tried to leave a
comment, but “it didn’t take.” But most
have given up.
Based on readership, I should be getting a lot of comments. Either I don’t know how to make the darn thing work right or “BlogSpot” has a lousy system. I apologize to all of you who have tried to add a comment only to wonder what happened to it.
I asked a couple of people how to go about posting comments. Here is what one of them said:
In response to your question re: posting comments on your Blog:
- Click on 'comments' in the blog where you want to respond
- Enter your comment in the 'white box'
- Click on the down arrow to the right of 'Comment As'
- Drop Box will then appear
- In the Drop Box, Click on 'Name/URL' which is towards the bottom of the list of options
- 'Edit Profile Box' will appear
- In the Edit Profile Drop Box, Enter your name where requested, and for the URL, enter your email address. Sometimes you can leave URL blank.
- Click on 'Continue'
- Click on 'Publish Box'
- And then in a few seconds you see your comment
I don’t know why they make it so difficult, but you might try these steps. Someone else said to make a comment under “anonymous.”
Gayle and I will be spending time with kids and grandkids for a couple of weeks, so I may not get around to blogging, but as
says, “I’ll be back.” And don’t forget
to fly the flag on July 4th.