Ralph Higgins

Ralph Higgins
color pencil sketch by Gayle Higgins

Quotes I Like


“Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

-Albert Einstein

StatCounter

Friday, December 3, 2010

Stop the Beano


Global warming is killing us up here in the mountains. Since scientist say that bovine flatulence contributes to the problem, I wonder if our brilliant leaders will divert some of their financial aid to our foreign enemies to providing the cattle industry with beano for their cows or simply raise more taxes. I say let the cows pass gas. We need global warming in Quincy.

We’re freezing our butts off up here. I wish Al Gore and his minions would pray to their gods of earth, wind and fire, or whatever they worship, and see if they can divert some sunshine our way. (When I wrote for A&M Records I arranged the music of a group by that name)


We had roughly three feet of snow during Thanksgiving, which kept us from our planned Thanksgiving celebration with our kids and grandkids. We have another trip planned next week, but that too will be contingent on the weather. The black ice in the canyon is the real culprit here.

I see a lot of blue people up here in the mountains and I’m not sure if they’re blue because of the cold or because they buy this climate change B.S. and are holding their breath to avoid emitting carbon dioxide thus causing global warming. I suggest breathing and breathing heavily to turn up the heat.


My dog normally likes the snow, but not when it’s so deep he disappears and literally has to swim out of it. Let's play a game of, "Find the dog."

2 comments:

  1. Well since there are still no comments, I guess it's up to me to cast some doubt on your denial of Climate Change. Notice I did not say Global Warming because Mr. Gore et al have managed to trivialize what they wanted to demonize.
    I suspect we are indeed undergoing a natural warming trend, but it seems likely that during the transition we are going to see major swings in temperature and weather activity. There seems to be plenty of evidence that a warming trend with climate shifts is occurring here in the US, all the while some areas, like yours see more snow not less.
    So, as I told my brother Allan, who lives in the Seattle area, "You're living in the new California climate of the twenty first century".
    The Med. climate of California is moving north and bringing climate extremes along with the shift. Unfortunately, Earth, Wind and Fire refuse to listen to our desires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malcolm -
    Thanks for your comment. Sometimes I think I'm out here all alone.

    Your info was informative. I didn't know the warm weather was moving north. Maybe Gayle and I should head for Oregon. I'd like to know more about that shift.

    I do believe in "natural" climate change, as you infer. That's been going on since the beginning of time. Some scientists are now predicting a new ice age. Remember when that was the topic several decades back? It keeps changing. But the hysteria created by Gore, et al is strictly for "economic change" and a transfer of wealth from the U.S. on a world-wide scale. Of course, maybe we can trade our huge national debt for bananas or something.

    Good comment, Malcolm. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete